The Advisory Board
The QUASIMEME Laboratory Performance (LP) studies has an Advisory Board to advise the Project Office and the Scientific Assessment Group on matters relating to external quality assessment in support of marine environmental measurements.
QUASIMEME Advisory Board consists of representatives from organizations to which QUASIMEME participants submit environmental monitoring data:
- A representative from the Oslo and Paris Commission (OSPAR) to maintain communication with OSPAR, particularly in relation to the QA requirements of the Joint Assessment and Monitoring Programme (JAMP)
- A representative to maintain communication with the Helsinki Commission (HELCOM), particularly in relation to the QA requirements of the Baltic Monitoring Programme (BMP) and the Coastal Monitoring Programme (CMP)
- A representative to maintain communication with the International Council for the Exploration of the Sea (ICES), particularly with the Environmental Secretariat
- A representative to maintain communication with the Mediterranean Pollution Programme (MEDPOL)
- A representative of the QUASIMEME Scientific Assessment Group (if not represented by any other member of the Advisory Board)
- Representatives of national monitoring programmes. Two representatives from national monitoring programmes will be invited based on the national levels of participation in QUASIMEME. Representatives of other national monitoring programmes may request to attend
- The QUASIMEME Project Manager
- A representative to maintain communication with the European Environmental Agency
- A representative to maintain communication with the Arctic Monitoring and Assessment Programme (AMAP)
The QUASIMEME Project Office provides secretarial support for the Advisory Board.
The organizations represented will be responsible for nominating their member of the QUASIMEME Advisory Board. The current members of the Advisory Board are listed here.
The Advisory Board meets annually to:
- Advise on matters relating to the Quality Assurance and Quality Control requirements for the national and international marine monitoring programmes and to provide links with these programmes
- Provide information and advice on the list of determinants required for the national and international monitoring programmes, the matrices and the concentration ranges. Where lists of studies in the current LP studies are being revised, the Board shall indicate the relative priority of the studies to be undertaken
- Advise on the level of performance required for specific monitoring programmes in terms of precision and bias for each determinant - matrix combination
- Receive and comment on the Progress Report of the QUASIMEME LP studies
- Apoint the chairman of the Advisory Board and review the membership of the Advisory Board
- Review and revise the terms of reference of the Advisory Board, as necessary