The Scientific Assessment Group
The QUASIMEME Scientific Assessment Group (SAG) gives advice on the implementation of the programme to the QUASIMEME Project Office including data assessments and reports on the results of the Laboratory Performance (LP) studies.
The QUASIMEME Project Manager appoints the members of the SAG, which consist of experts in the field of QA and of the assessment of LP studies. The members have experience in the design and operation of LP studies and / or environmental measurements in matrices related to the marine environment. The QUASIMEME Project Manager is the chairman of the SAG.
Membership of the SAG is confirmed annually. The membership of the SAG will be sufficient in number and breadth of experience to adequately cover the areas included in the QUASIMEME LP studies. Therefore, the size of this group may change in accordance with the needs of the LP studies. The SAG may recommend specialists to the QUASIMEME Project Manager to be invited to contribute to specific QUASIMEME activities as required.
The current membership of the SAG can be found here.
The SAG meets at least annually to advise and assist the QUASIMEME Project Office on:
- The design of the QUASIMEME LP studies and provision of test materials and protocols
- The assessment of the LP studies and study reports
- The preparation of documentation, both printed and electronic
- The preparation of a progress report to the QUASIMEME Advisory Board which will include:
- An executive summary of the LP studies for the current year
- Recommendations of changes in structure or content of the LP studies
- A proposed work programme for future LP studies
- After presentation to the Advisory Board, a progress report will be published.
The SAG will review and make recommendations to the QUASIMEME Project Office on the composition and breadth of expertise which is required to maintain the objective assessment of the programme and the results of the participants' studies.